We wanted to touch base and share some information from our first two weeks back at school. We are extremely impressed with our students and staff as we are slowly finding our groove with our new routines, and we see a majority of our students have embraced and supported our new reality. We will continue to teach, model and support the students who need the reminders on what we expect in our back to school plan.
A reminder that our school plan is built around the fundamentals and guidance that come from Manitoba Health and Manitoba Education directives regarding COVID-19. Students will be expected to follow all of the recommended guidelines at all times.
These guidelines include:
- Students and staff are expected to self-screen at home, and then stay home if they are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID
- 2 metre social distancing protocols are required in common areas, as well as when students are not in the same cohort
- 1 metre social distancing protocols is allowed for students who belong to the same cohort
- Following proper cough etiquette
- Following proper hand washing protocols (it is recommended a minimum of five times per day of scheduled handwashing)
- Proper PPE (facemasks) will be worn when required
We are asking that parents/guardians please review this information with their children, to make sure that all students are entering school with a strong understanding of our school plan. If students are unclear about anything, they can ask their teachers directly or seek out some clarity at the office.
A reminder that we require parents/guardians to inform the office of any classroom absence for their child. Whether the class in an online class, or in person here at the school.
Thank you for your continued support as we strive to create a positive and safe learning environment for all of our students and staff.
Please contact us at the school if you have any questions or concerns,
Laird Laluk, Cindy Mason and Alana Klopick