|What happens at a PAC meeting?|
- At each meeting, the Principal and/or Teacher representative gives a "School Report". This report usually includes a summary of past and upcoming events and activities at the school; may address any overall current concerns or issues at the school; updates on staffing changes; seeking parents' input on the School Plan.
- The PAC President will report on new or on-going initiatives being undertaken by the PAC. These may include fund-raising activities to support school events and/or needs (technology needs, support for cultural activities, development of playground); planning for annual events such as the Pancake Breakfast, Staff Appreciation week and the Community BBQ; means of enhancing the role of PAC for families.
- The Treasurer presents a monthly financial statement.
- A School Trustee often attends and provides a brief update on Divisional matters.
- An Open Forum is always provided to allow anyone the opportunity to share any general comments, concerns or ask questions. Any specific matters that a parent may have related to them or their child at the school should be brought forward to their individual teacher and/or the Principal. PAC's role is not to be an advocate for or intervene on behalf of a parent.
|How can I be on the PAC? ||Any member of the school community may join PAC. New members are nominated at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), held each year in September. A person may be nominated by another person from the school community or may nominate themselves. An executive (President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary) is elected at the first meeting of the PAC, following the AGM. Any member of the school community may attend a PAC meeting!|
|Why should I join PAC or come out to a PAC meeting?|
- To find our more about what is happening in your child's school and to have some input.
- To meet and get to know other parents and the school staff.
- To feel better connected to your child's school as a whole, and not just to individual classes.
- To help enhance your child's educational experience.
|When does the PAC meet?||The PAC meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the School's Staff room.|
|Who should I contact if I have any questions regarding PAC?|
Janice Brisebois – PAC President