National Union of Public and General Employees
Eligibility: If you are the child or the grandchild of someone that was or is a member of Manitoba Government and General Employers Union
Multiple scholarships available - see counsellor for hard copy forms
https://www.kincanada.ca/bursaries (Financial need and/or Volunteer Experience) Due Date Jan 31, 2019
Sport Manitoba Scholarships
Scholarships for Community Leadership
Scholarship for Community Leadership 2019.pdf
Mayor's Scholarship poster_2019.pdf
Students in foster care/formally in foster care Tuition waiver
(can potentially result in a large tuition bursary)
Indigenous Students Scholarships and Bursaries Search Tool
Students applying into Agriculture scholarships
Manitoba Jewish Foundation of Manitoba Scholarships
Muslim Awards for Excellence
Terry Fox Humanitarian
Due Date: Jan 31, 2019
Royal Bank Scholarships
University of Manitoba – Bursaries and Scholarships
University of Winnipeg – Bursaries and Scholarships
Universite de Saint Boniface – Bursaries and Scholarships
Red River College – Bursaries and Scholarships
Grade 12--Important Dates:
**March 1 University of Manitoba: Application Deadline for Direct Entry and Entrance Scholarships
**March 1 University of Winnipeg: Application Deadline for Entrance Scholarships
**March 1 CUSB: Application Deadline for Entrance Scholarships
Abraham McPherson Memorial Scholarship:
- Due date: May 31st annually
- Eligibility: Aboriginal ancestry (Status, Non-Status, Inuit, Métis); Manitoba resident, high school graduate with overall 70% average in graduating. The award is for Aboriginal students pursuing post-secondary education in the counselling field
Manitoba Aboriginal Education Counselling Association Inc.
305- 352 Donald Street
Phone: (204) 947-0421
ANAK Liwayway Scholarship for Leadership Excellence 2018
- May 4th, 2018 is the deadline
- Eligibilty: Filipino-Canadian students (born in Canada, the Philippines, or elsewhere) graduating from Grade 12 this year
- Provide official school transcripts demonstrating a B (70% or 3.0) grade point average or better in three 40S courses (including English)
- Complete a 500-word (2 pages double-spaced) typed essay in response to the question, " How do values and cultural stereotypes affect your Filipino identity in Canada?" with reference to articles at the following link:
- ANAK Liwayway Scholarship
Alpha Omega Women's Alumnae Bursary:
- Various values
- Students across Canada wishing to pursue a career in the hospitality, foodservice and tourism industry.
- Due Dates vary
Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba Scholarships:
- Students must meet the following criteria: Grade 12 student who will be attending one of Manitoba's universities (students planning to enter a community college or a university outside of Manitoba are not eligible, unless the student plans to bridge from college to a Manitoba university), overall average of 80% in Grades 10 to 12 (based on the most current available information), have an interest in a career in accounting or business, be involved in school and community activities
- Due Date: April 9, 2018
Ethel Boyce Achievement Award:
- Various value
- applicants must be of African-Caribbean descent, accepted by a post secondary institution and enrolling in the upcoming school year or continuing studies at a post secondary institution, for the Jazz Studies program, applicants of any background must be accepted into the University of Manitoba's Jazz Studies program and enrolling in the upcoming school year or continuing studies in the program, and be a resident of Manitoba: Canadian citizens or landed immigrants
- Due Date: June 30th annually
John Evans Engineering Entrance Award:
- Applicants must: be a Canadian citizen or a Landed Immigrant with a Permanent Residence Card, self-identify as female, be a recent graduate or about to graduate from a Canadian high school and have submitted an application to an accredited engineering program at a Canadian university. The selected applicant must show proof that they are enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited program before they are entitled to receive the first award allotment.
- Due Date: March 19, 2018
The Leonard Foundation Bursary Program:
- Awarded to students who plan to attend post-secondary in Canada and who demonstrate significant financial need. Priority is given to the sons or daughters of ordained clergy.
- Due Date: March 15, 2018
MADD Bursary Program:
- applicants will have themselves been severely injured or have had a parent (or legal guardian) or sibling killed or severely injured as a result of an impaired driving crash and who are enrolled in a full-time, ministry-approved, post-secondary educational program. Injuries must be catastrophic or severe and have had a significant impact on the applicants' lives. Proof of injury and relation to impaired driving will be required.
- Due Date: May 31st annually
Manitoba Blue Cross Scholarships:
- Various values
- Numerous awards available
- Due dates vary
Manitoba Hydro's Awards Bursaries and Scholarships
Employment Equity Bursary
Amount: 11 bursaries of $1,500 each
Application deadline: October 1st
- Member of an Employment Equity designated group*
- Entering first year of a 4 year degree program at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg or Brandon in the following: Engineering, Computer Science or Business
Entering first year of studies at Red River College, Assiniboine Community College or University College of the North in the following: Computer Analyst/Programming, Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Electronic, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Communications or Power Engineering Technologies
*Employment Equity Designated Group members include women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible minority groups, and persons with disabilities.
Selection criteria will include academic performance, financial need, and community involvement.
Application Process: Pick up an application from your educational institution's awards office or visit our website at http://www.hydro.mb.ca/careers/students/index.shtml
Manitoba Trucking Association Awards:
- This scholarship will be awarded annually to a woman Aboriginal student resides in Manitoba and is entering an undergraduate degree program at the University of Winnipeg.
- Due date: Please see website for details
Mark & Dorothy Danzker Scholarship for Excellence:
- Applicants must be: accepted to or be currently enrolled in a university, college or other recognized post-secondary institution within Canada, be 17 to 25 years of age, be a resident of Manitoba
- Due Date: April 30, 2018
- Five Scholarships of $1500.00
- Various value
- Many awards available
- Varying due dates
Peter Scouras Rugby Scholarship
This scholarship fund was created in memory of Peter Speros Scouras. Peter was a graduate of St. Paul's high school. He was an accomplished athlete in various sports at High School and the University of Manitoba, but his true love was rugby.
Upon graduating university Peter took over the family business, the Red Top Drive-Inn Restaurant. And continued to pursue his passion for rugby by playing and serving as President of the University of Manitoba Wombats.
Peter was known in the community for his generosity, friendship, hard work, fun loving nature and dedication to his loved ones. He put others before himself. In establishing this scholarship, Peter's family wishes to recognize the dedication to continued education and the sport of rugby to a graduating high school rugby player.
Voices: Manitoba Youth in Care Awards:
- Various Value
- Many scholarships available
- Due date April 1, 2018
- PDK Prospective Educator Scholarships are available for high school seniors as well as current undergraduate students. PDK International is a family of education associations, which includes PDK International, Educators Rising, and Pi Lambda Theta. To be eligible for a scholarship, you must be a member of at least one of PDK associations.
Red River Exhibition Foundation Scholarships:
- The Quest for Excellence Program recognizes the pursuits in leadership and community contributions of Western Canadian students. High school students graduating in 2018 from British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon and Northwest Territories are encouraged to write an essay to convey the contributions they have made to enrich the lives of others and their communities through leadership, motivation, volunteering and participation in charitable events or fundraising.
- Due date March 12, 2018
Royal Bank Scholarships:
- Scholarships for students enrolled in courses devoted to broadcast communications. Winners must exhibit leadership qualities, a strong character, willingness to help others, and also demonstrate a genuine interest in pursuing a career in broadcasting by enthusiastically completing course related and extra curricular activities connected to broadcasting.
- Due date approximately June 15th, 2018- no date currently listed.
- Various values
- Awarded to female students who provide the primary financial support for their families, eligible applicants must be enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program and must demonstrate financial need.
- Due date: November 15, 2018
TD Scholarships for Community Leadership:
- Various Values
- Students in their last year of high school (outside Quebec) or CEGEP (in Quebec) who have demonstrated leadership in improving their community
- Due dates vary
Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) Foundation:
- Many Scholarships available
MB STUDENT AID
What is Manitoba Student Aid? Do I qualify?
We break it down for you: Who we are, what we do, what we can do for you and what it takes to be eligible for our program.
Our program provides loans, grants and bursaries to Manitobans who need help paying for school.
Student loans are calculated based on your financial need and are meant to supplement, not replace, your own resources. Just because you apply for a student loan does not mean you'll get one, and just because you get one does not mean you will get the maximum amount.
If you do get a student loan, you don't have to make payments or pay interest on it while you are a full-time student.
BURGER KING McLAMORE FOUNDATION
When BURGER KING® co-founder James W. McLamore was ill, the McLamore family, Burger King Corporation and BURGER KING® franchisees came together to start a foundation in his honour.
In 2000, the BURGER KINGSM Scholars program was created to promote scholastic achievement in Canada, the United States and Puerto Rico to continue the legacy of James W. McLamore. The education bursary program awards deserving students with scholarships of $1,000 and $5,000 to continue their education beyond high school.
In 2004, the BKSM Family Fund was established as a not-for-profit charitable organization by Burger King Corporation, and began awarding funds, in times of hardship, to Burger King® employees.
TERRY FOX HUMANITARIAN AWARD PROGRAM
Terry Fox Humanitarian Awards are open to students of all abilities.
To be considered for the Award, applicants must meet be:
- In good academic standing.
- Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
- Students graduating from secondary (high) school or students completing their first year of CÉGEP or students who have completed secondary (high) school
- Involved in voluntary humanitarian activities (for which they have not been compensated).
- Planning to or are already studying towards their first university degree or diploma at a Canadian post-secondary institution, or entering their 2nd year of CÉGEP in the upcoming academic year.
Terry Fox Award Recipients are eligible to receive the Award until they graduate with their first university degree or diploma (for a maximum of four years), provided they maintain satisfactory academic standing and a standard of humanitarian work and personal conduct which, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, justifies the award.
The maximum value of the award is $28,000, dispersed over four (4) years. A stipend of $7,000 is issued directly to the institution each year in two installments of $3,500, one in September and one in January. For students who do not pay tuition fees, the award is $3,500 per year, issued directly to the institution in two installments of $1,750 each.
Recipients of the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award may not receive more than $15,000 in total scholarships annually (including the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award). If a student's awards exceed this amount, any excess will be deducted from the student's Terry Fox Award.
If a student's academic expenses are covered by another source, they may choose to decline acceptance of the financial portion of the award. They will still be granted the distinction of being a Terry Fox Scholar.
NELLIE MCCLUNG TRAILBLAZER SCHOLARSHIP
The Nellie McClung Trailblazer Scholarships are for female students considering careers in the exciting fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), business or underrepresented trades. Careers in these areas offer excellent job opportunities, great earning potential and stimulating work environments.
Grade 12 students:
• Five awards of $1,000.00 will be granted to female students in grade 12 who have demonstrated an aptitude in an area of study that could lead to further education and/or careers in STEM, business or underrepresented trades.