Bev Betz email firstname.lastname@example.org Phone and Voicemail (204) 878-5404
Follow CSNC Music on Twitter @csncmusic
October 10, 2017
Hello CSNC Music Students/Parents/Guardians and welcome to another great year of musical learning at CSNC. In an effort to keep parents (and students) informed, we’ve created Notes from the Music Room which we’ll update and email home every few weeks. Information will also be on the CSNC website. As usual, please don’t hesitate to contact me (Bev Betz) with any questions or concerns.
1. We are in the process of sizing all new band/choir students for the CSNC music shirt (part of the uniform which is worn for concerts/performances). If any other music student needs a new shirt, he/she needs to get sized as well as we only do one purchase per year. The cost for the shirt is $30 and payable to Ms. Porter in the office. If you wish to use fundraised money for this event, you must see Ms. Porter in the office.
2. The Farm-to-School Vegetable fundraiser is happening right now. Students can pick up extra order forms/information sheets in the music room or check the CSNC website for electronic copies. Orders and money are due into the office by Monday, Oct. 16. Vegetables will be ready for pick-up in the music room after school on Thursday, November 2 from 3:30 until 5:30. This is a very popular fundraiser, which helps support our local farmers so students are encouraged to sell as much as they can. Plus the money the students raise can be used to offset any music costs such as the cost of the music shirt, special music outings, and trips.
Farm to School Fundraiser Info Sheet.pdf
Farm to School Order Form.pdf
3. There is a sign-up sheet inside the music room for any music student interested in attending the opera, Madame Butterfly on Thursday, November 16. The bus leaves CSNC at 6:15 pm and we will arrive back at approximately 11:00 pm. It’s a late evening, but for the cost of $20 each, students will see a live professional full-length operatic production including world-class vocalists, sets, costumes, lighting, and all accompanied by the wonderful Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra. It’s a bargain so students are encouraged to attend at least one opera over the 4 years they are at CSNC. Many students attend every year. Again, fundraised money can be used, but you must see Ms. Porter in the office to do so. Students have until Friday, Oct. 13 to sign up.
4. Progress reports for all music courses will be sent home in the next couple of weeks, but if you have any questions about your child’s musical progress, please don’t hesitate to contact me (Bev Betz) anytime.
5. We have quite a few performances coming up in the next couple of months—please note that some of the dates/times/locations will be confirmed as soon as I receive the information:
CSNC PERFORMANCE CALENDAR
Notes from the CSNC Music Room Oct. 10.pdf