Safe Grad Parent/Guardian Chairperson
By Friday, October 20, 2017, we must establish which parent/guardian of a 2018 graduate is willing to be the Safe Grad Chairperson. If no one volunteers, there won’t be a Safe Grad party for Grad 2018.
Below is an outline of the responsibilities you will have if you choose to accept this task.
You will also have resources to help: the Grad 2017 Safe Grad team will meet with you to hand over documents, and will walk you through the process.
If you are interested in being the Safe Grad Chairperson for Safe Grad 2018, please e-mail Ms. Keith.
If you would like to help with Safe Grad, but do not wish to be considered for chairperson, please send Ms. Keith an e-mail and include the phrase “volunteer only” in your message. Your e-mail address will be shared with the person who becomes Safe Grad Chairperson.
Safe Grad Chairperson Responsibilities:
* Attend Safe Grad Manitoba conference held in November (on a weekend, at a hotel in Winnipeg).
* Contact previous year’s chairperson to transfer Safe Grad bank account signing authorities held at Caisse Populaire-Lorette
* Recruit parents/guardians as heads of sub-committees
* Organize parent/graduate meetings to establish theme, co-ordinate committees and obtain parent volunteer contact information. Committee chairs should be appointed at first meeting.
* Complete and submit Safe Grad Manitoba application/ insurance forms.
* Book venue, music man, porta-potties and buses.
* Order bracelets.
* Complete and submit liquor permit.
* Arrange for registration forms, designated driver forms etc. to be picked up by grads.
* Arrange drop off of registration forms and collection of monies.
*NB* All duties to be shared with committee chairs.