We are pleased to offer our educational assistants a professional
The Special Education Review of 1998 stated a goal – to
have a well-qualified staff.
Special Educational Review Recommendation C.6.ii
Following the recommendations of the EA Competency Committee
we offer a comprehensive divisional training course at no charge. Currently
those who earn a certificate of completion receive an educational allowance of
$1.10 per hour above their scale.
Board Support Guiding Principles:
The SRSD Board
is in total support of providing development opportunities for educational
assistants, and ties competency to pay as an effective way of encouraging
development/training. The Board provides a generous budget for the delivery of
the EA Development Program.
- Encourages the development of educational assistant competencies to improve
services to students
- Addresses knowledge, skill and attitude requirements
- Enables the educational assistant to demonstrate what (s)he knows and can do
- Utilizes flexible methods of assessment
- Allows for portability of documentation
- Allows for division wide implementation
- Addresses the development needs of both new and seasoned staff
Download .PDF here for more information