Seine River School Division is located just south of the City of Winnipeg, providing education to the students from the communities in and around St. Norbert, La Salle, St. Adolphe, Île des Chênes, Lorette, Ste. Anne, La Broquerie and Richer. Approximately 4400 students attend our 15 schools. English and French Immersion programming is available, along with technical-vocational, apprenticeship and alternative learning opportunities in our three high schools. The Ste. Anne Adult Learning Centre supports adults in the region to complete high school and career and postsecondary preparation. We strive to provide inclusive and differentiated learning opportunities in a welcoming environment, for all students.
We offer a wide range of services and opportunities for students, including:
- Early literacy support, including Reading Recovery, English as an Additional Language support
- Resource and Counselling services
- High school course options to prepare for university, college, career or work
- Music K -6 and Band Gr. 7-12. Some schools also offer Choir, Guitar, Jazz Band
- Art and drama opportunities
- Career education
- Apprenticeship Gr. 11-12
- Roots of Empathy, Kids in the Know, Respect Ed
- Middle Years interschool sports and intramurals, focussed on skill and team development
- Many high school competitive and intramural sports, including hockey, football, basketball, volleyball, track and field, badminton, soccer
- Several schools arrange cultural exchanges or travel opportunities
Please visit our individual school websites to find out more about the exciting learning and growing opportunities for our students.